Certification is a process that validates one’s qualifications for teaching music in a specific field. The program exists for teachers who teach music to students of any age privately or in groups. Become a Nationally Certified Teacher of Music (NTCM) through the MTNA Professional Certification process. Listen to Tracy Cowden, MTNA Certification Chair explain the process.
- Publicly demonstrates your commitment to excellent teaching with the NCTM (Nationally Certified Teacher of Music) credential after your name
- Builds confidence in one's skills as a teacher of music
- Provides prestige, recognition and potential for student enrollment
- Helps you develop a professional teaching philosophy
- Helps you define your business and studio policies and ethics
- Is available to teachers who teach music students at any age or level, whether private or in group settings
Click on the link and start exploring how to become an NCTM. Questions can be directed to the NDMTA Certification Chair.